I didn’t have the best of times in Granada though I’m sure it can be a lovely city… Take my advice and don’t do what I did!
- Don’t go in the rain – I always feel miserable when it’s cold and wet so I tend to stay indoors…
- Don’t stay in a hotel on the edge of the city next to a motorway – I could hear all the rushing vehicles in my room and I wasn’t inclined to leave the room ‘cos it was so far from anywhere – catch 22!
- Don’t expect to get a wheelie case over the hills and cobbles of the Albaicín – if you stay in the old Moorish quarter you will have a hard time on the narrow winding streets!
- Don’t be put off going into Granada Cathedral because you think it’s closed – it could be stunning inside!
- Don’t go to Plaza Nueva if you’re not hungry – this is one of the best places for tapas!
- Only go to Plaza Bib-Rambla if you have money to spare – this is a big shopping district!
- Don’t miss all the things I missed: the Generalife, the Arab baths, the free tapas, the Sacromonte…