The countdown is on; unbelievably it may seem, I am actually going to take a trip! This one really feels like it will be a real holiday too – this is about dreams coming true! I’m going to Nice in the south of France, a place I have wanted to visit for so long…for me there is just something about the place, a je ne sais quoi, a special charm in my mind…
I have no idea if it will live up to my expectations but from what I’ve read and heard and seen… I’m very excited! Here are some of the resources I am using in planning my Nice trip:
- I started with Google, of course! I found so many sources this way, too many to mention but the best sites I came across were:
o French Riviera Tourism, the official site with info not just on Nice but also Cannes, Antibes and the rest of the Côte d’Azur
o Lonely Planet – check out the top things to do in Nice collection
- DK Eyewitness Travel: Provence and the Côte d’Azur (2014) – I think I rely too much on books but this is the only book my library had on Nice. Still I think DK are one of the best anyway, I love that they have so many photos! Of course other guidebooks are available. Here are some examples to be found on Amazon.
- I’ve been collecting newspaper articles on Nice and the Côte d’Azur for years now. I even have one from 2003, 11 years ago!
- I found some great posts on various blogs. Here is just one example with lots of fun things to do and where to get the best socca (a kind of chickpea pancake that is a local speciality):
- I also managed to talk to a few people who are from or have been to Nice. Everyone agrees it is a beautiful city so I can’t wait to get there!
My next post will look at planning a trip using the newer technologies out there, stuff like Pinterest, Instagram and Triptease.